Questions December 3 rd :
- How has God been working in your life this week, how has he been using you?
- What Questions were raised for you today, what does the teaching today have you
- Jewish scholars ask this question, If Isaiah 7:14 is a prophecy of the birth of Jesus why
was Joseph a man who would have known the scriptures surprised instead of elated that
he was part of scriptures fulfillment?
- King Ahaz said he did not want to test God when God asked him to ask for a sign….Do
you see asking God for a sign as a test of God? Why or why not?
- How does the explanation of Isaiah’s son being the “sign” for King Ahaz sit with you?
- Next week we are going to look at Matthew’s use of this promise as an explanation of
Jesus birth. Does Matthews use of Isaiah 7:14 raise any Questions for you?
- How can we be praying for you this week?
Therefore, the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a
son, and shall call his name Immanuel.