Questions for August 15, 2021
- What has God been teaching you this week or what does he have you thinking about from today’s message?
- What have you been taught about Hell and would you explain to someone your current belief about eternal punishment?
- In Matthew 5:29-30 Jesus says: “If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.” What is Jesus trying to teach here?
- If Hell in the verses above has to do with a place of Eternal Punishment would the verses found in Matthew 5:29-30 teach us that it is what we do that keeps us from Hell? Would that be contrary to the Gospel?
- In a small group meeting Jack says, “I know that many Christians believe if you do not believe in Jesus, you will spend eternity in Hell.If that is true, why is it always said at a Funeral that the person is “In a better Place” even when by all accounts the person was not a believer? How might you answer Jack’s Question?
- We have spoken about the reality of Living in the Kingdom of God on earth right now!Do you also believe that some might be living in “Hell” on earth Right now?
- How can we be lifting you up in prayer this week?