Questions for August 1, 2021
- What has God been teaching you this week and/or what does he have you thinking about from today’s message?
- Describe a memorable RETREAT for you. What made it so memorable? What did you learn? Where you alone or were you with others?
- Scott discussed the word ecclesia in the New Testament is translated CHURCH when describing a positive gathering of people, but assembly or gathering when describing a not so good group of people. On the other hand, Synagogue is translated assembly or gathering when it describes a positive group and Synagogue when a hostile group. What might this be teaching us?
- Teaching with Authority meant a Rabbi would say, “You have heard it said but I say to you”….. If someone, a preacher or teacher says that kid of thing today how is that received? Would it be considered authority or heresy?
- The Concept of Binding and Loosing (Interpreting) was for the Jewish Religious Leadership Class; Jesus gave it to his followers. Do you think we use that authority today? Why or why not? Do we leave it in the hand of the Religious Leadership today?
- Scott shared the story of His mother’s church washing feet each Sunday morning in the service. We interpret this command of Jesus differently. Can you think of other passages we have interpreted differently, and we accept today without question? Does the concept of US binding and loosing, interpreting cause you concern? Why or why not?
- How might we be lifting you up in prayer this week?